Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Its been crazy the last couple of days. Everyone's been coming to the house, and no one leaves. I haven't had a bit of time to myself. I'm so exhausted its amazing. I get like what.. four hours of sleep a night now? The long holiday was absolutely the most tiring thing ever, running around comforting various grieving relatives. I went to school today without doing any of my homework. And to think I was actually planning to do something for once and not copy it five minutes before the teacher comes in.

I guess I'm upset too. I mean I cried a lot the second day, but I think I've come to realise that there really isn't that much of a point in grieving. I mean they're in a better place and all right. Though I'm feeling kinda bad cause everyone's sitting around talking about what a great guy Uncle Alfie was. I never really took the time to get to know him when he was here. Instead I was working 14 hour shifts everyday. His youngest kid's only 13. I can't imagine losing my dad. I mean I'm nowhere near ready for something like that. I doubt I'd be able to cope. God knows the heart attack gave me a big enough scare.

I've got such a headache from this lack of proper sleep. Yikes. And I'm building up serious arm muscle from carrying so many babies all over the place while their parents pray. Oh and being the beautiful catholic I am I managed to cock up leading the rosary also. In front of like 50+ people. Bleahh.

No comments: